a. Check your device if it supports external keyboard connection or not.
* Use a third-party application (temporary)
- Install this application and check: http://bit.ly/2supI3F
* Use checking feature of Pianist HD
- Open Pianist HD
- Go to Settings > Advanced options
- Check External keyboard options
b. USB OTG cable
- USB On-The-Go (USB OTG or OTG) is a standardized specification for USB connections that allows a device to read data from a USB connection without requiring a PC. The device is basically becoming a “USB Host"
- You can easily get an OTG cable for your device at nearby phone accessories stores or online store such as Ebay. There are 2 types: Micro USB OTG or USB-C OTG. Make sure you select a proper cable that will mate with your device's USB port.
- Search link on Ebay: http://ebay.to/2uoFO1l
Micro USB OTG
c. External Midi keyboard
- Piano supports to connect between Electric Piano or Digital MIDI keyboard
- You need a USB cable to connect Piano keyboard and your Android device.
2. Connect and use.
a. Turn on External Keyboard in Pianist HD
b. Connect your Android device with the keyboard via OTG cable and USB cable of the Piano keyboard
c. Grant Pianist HD the permission to use Piano keyboard.
3. Some possible problems
a. Pianist HD doesn't mate with my keyboard
- Check your Android device if it supports External keyboard or not
- Check your OTG cable if it properly works with other peripheral devices such as PC keyboard; mouse; USB Flash Drive (you may need to format to FAT32 or ExFAT)
- If both device and OTG cable work well, check the connection to Piano keyboard. Make sure that the connection is good. Try connect your keyboard with a PC and use with some virtual Piano program on PC:
+ Virtual Piano Keyboard
b. Pianist HD can't recognize notes on my keyboard
Some Piano keyboards can auto-adjust octave. Try increase or reduce the octave to make it suitable for the song you are playing in Pianist HD.
c. My battery drains quickly when I connect it with piano keyboard.
- Some piano keyboard don't have its own power supply, directly using the power from your device via USB cable
- The battery supplies power for both device and keyboard, leading to battery drain. This situation is caused by operating principle of electronic devices and we can do nothing to help. So sorry for this inconvenience.
d. I got phone hang.
- Piano keyboards use their own power supply, resulting in power issues on your Android device.
- Please stop using if you have this problem. Our team are sorry and try to work on it as soon as possble.
e. In case that you have another problem, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.